As a MacEwan employee, you have access to hundreds of free online courses through lynda.com. The easy to use website is a leading online learning company that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Browse through a library of online video training resources and tutorials for a variety of subjects from animation, blogs, cameras, photography, to digital publishing, Microsft Office training and social media, just to name a few. This is a benefit for all staff at MacEwan – take advantage of it now!
Access to Lynda.com
Active faculty and staff, and any students who are enrolled in a credit course at MacEwan University, can access lynda.com tutorials through the Edmonton Public Library website.
1. You must be an Edmonton Public Library (EPL) member. If you have an EPL membership, go to Step 3.
2. If you are not an EPL member, you can use your MacEwan ID to register for a free EPL membership at www.library.macewan.ca/services/l-pass. You will be prompted to choose a PIN number which you will need to log in to the EPL website. Once registered, your MacEwan library/photo id card can be used to access all EPL resources.
3. Visit the login page at EPL web site at epl.ca. You will need your EPL card, or the number under the barcode on your MacEwan Library card.
- Go to EPL.ca »
- Select the “Digital Content” dropdown menu at the top of the page
- Under the column labeled “Activity,” select “Learn”
- On the Learn page, you’ll find the link to Lynda.com. Log in using your EPL card, or the number under the barcode on your MacEwan Library card