The MSA Health & Wellness Fund has been developed from funds received from the employee portion of the annual reduction in Employment Insurance Premium Rates. The fund was established May 6, 2006. The program enables members to apply for funding in the amount of $150.00 to cover a portion of a health & wellness related item. The following criteria must be met in order to access these funds:
- Applicants must be employees who are eligible for Sick Leave, Weekly Indemnity and Long Term Disability
- Item must be an eligible item (refer to list of eligible items);
- Applicants must have worked a minimum of one year prior to applying;
- Only one application per member/per fiscal year, not to exceed $150.00;
- Proof of purchase must be submitted at time of application;
- Item must be for member’s personal use;
- Applications will not be accepted until July 1 of each fund year. Receipts must be dated between July 1, 2017 to June 30, 2018.
MSA Executive and Health & Wellness Committee members will review this fund on a regular basis.
Six draws of $100 will be made at each MSA General Meeting for all members attending. This is an additional credit over and above the $150 personal maximum eligibility. Members must attend the meeting to be eligible for this draw as well as meet the above criteria.