As a MacEwan employee, you have access to hundreds of free online courses through lynda.com. The easy to use website is a leading online learning company that helps anyone learn business, software, technology and creative skills to achieve personal and professional goals. Browse through a library of online video training resources and tutorials for a variety of subjects from animation, blogs, cameras, photography, to digital publishing, Microsft Office training and social media, just to name a few. This is a benefit for all staff at MacEwan – take advantage of it now!
Access to Lynda.com
Active faculty and staff, and any students who are enrolled in a credit course at MacEwan University, can access lynda.com tutorials through the Edmonton Public Library website:
- You must be an Edmonton Public Library (EPL) member. If you have an EPL membership, go to Step 3.
- If you are not an EPL member, you can use your MacEwan ID to register for a free EPL membership at library.macewan.ca/services/l-pass-epl/register. You will be prompted to choose a PIN number which you will need to log in to the EPL website. Once registered, your MacEwan library/photo id card can be used to access all EPL resources.
- Visit the login page at EPL web site at epl.ca. You will need your EPL card, or the number under the barcode on your MacEwan Library card.
- Select the “Digital Content” dropdown menu at the top of the page
- Under the column labeled “Activity”, select “Learn”
- On the Learn page, you’ll find the link to Lynda.com
Log in using your EPL card or the number under the barcode on your MacEwan Library card.